This year, LinkShare Symposium East will be held on June 22 at Chelsea Piers, Pier 60. Last week, LinkShare announced the finalist for their Golden Link Awards. There are eleven Golden Link Awards. I am honored to be a finalist in the Performance Marketing’s Most Vocal Advocate category for my work on behalf of Affiliates and merchants through Affiliate Advocacy and earlier websites which include NY Affiliate Voice.
Although my role as Affiliate advocate began in 2008 with the NY Internet sales tax issue, it rapidly expanded to dealing with hundreds of issues involving education, ethics and good practices of both merchant and Affiliate as well as the Internet sales tax issues in dozens of states. Ethics and sound practices are not limited to just one group Affiliates, Merchants or Networks, but it is a responsibility of all parties. Each party also deserves to be treated fairly and with respect and every voice should be heard.
As I have worked on various issues over the past two years I am encouraged by the progress that we have made but recognize that there is still room for improvement. We need to ensure fairer and more balanced relationships between Affiliate and Merchant. We also need to encourage more to speak out on various issues and incidents without fear of retribution. As I have learned, most in our industry do want and welcome open and honest communication. Communication is the one of the keys to identifying and implementing solutions. Problems such as Choosing Pennies over Customers and Affiliates, What Will Guide You, Coffee, Cookies and Newsletters, Merchant Communication and countless others are just some of the examples of how communication and respect can prevent or overcome problems.
I am proud to be a finalist along with Missy Ward and Shawn Collins (co-nominees) of Affiliate Summit and Steve Schaffer. A complete list of all the nominees in all eleven categories are listed below.
LinkShare Symposium is a great networking event attended by merchants and Affiliates. I attended the Symposium last year and enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone. As I spoke to affiliates and merchants last year it was evident that we all have similar concerns. It is through networking events such as this that we can all work together to move our industry forward. Establishing and maintaining open communication is the key to understanding the perspective of each party; from there, we can begin to identify real solutions.
The Golden Link Award Ceremony takes place during the luncheon on June 22. The ceremony will be conducted by performers from The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. You can read more about the agenda for the LinkShare Symposium and the Golden Link Awards at LinkShare Announces Speakers and Golden Link Nominees for LinkShare Symposium East 2010
2010 Golden Link Awards Nominees:
- Best New Advertiser: The Limited, CarRentals.com, Crocs
- Best New Publisher: Deals Woot, Mall Networks, Blastoff Network
- Innovative Advertiser of the Year: CheapOair, Macy’s, Dollar Days
- Innovative Publisher of the Year: Clicks2Customers & RingRevenue, Airmiles.ca, StyleFeeder
- Affiliate Manager of the Year: Gus Brito of Tiger Direct, Nette Martino of Orbitz, Michelle Brown of Drugstore.com
- OPM/Agency of the Year: Gen3 Marketing, The JAR Group, OPMPros
- Advertiser’s Choice: Citizen Hawk, Coupon Cabin, Deals Woot, Fabulous Savings, Mall Networks, Market America, Mr. Rebates, Offers.com/Vertive, Offerpal Media, Savings.com, ShopAtHome, StyleFeeder, SurfMyAds, TheFind, Upromise
- Publisher’s Choice: Avon, AHAVA, Bloomingdale’s, Care2, Chase, CheapOair, Cookies Kids, Crocs, Current Catalog, Delta Airlines, Drugstore.com, Ed Hardy, The Estee Lauder Companies (Clinique, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Lab Series & Prescriptives), FragranceNet.com, Gaiam, Ice.com, JC Penney, KarmaLoop, Lego, Macy’s, Microsoft Store, Neiman Marcus, The North Face, Omaha Steaks, OneTravel, Orbitz, Saks Fifth Avenue, Service Magic, Walmart
- International Advertiser of the Year: ASOS, Drugstore.com, Topshop & Topman
- Technology Genius Award: TheFind, Skimlinks, ScanBuy
- Performance Marketing’s Most Vocal Advocate: Melanie Seery, Missy Ward & Shawn Collins, Steve Schaffer